Sabado, Pebrero 23, 2013

Speaking Geek

I work for an IT services company in beautiful Myrtle Beach...and I love clichés.  Yes, they are overused but many of them are so true.  Let’s take for example this cliché; “It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt.”  In my previous blog I stated that I do not know everything there is to know about computers and there is not anyone out there that does know it all although some like to think they do.  If you are not an IT person or Geek then let me give you a few pointers that will help you when talking to one.    

I usually tell people that there are no stupid questions but sometimes I’m just being nice.  But I only say that to the that tell me they don’t know anything about computers.  
 
When the operating system (good old MS Windows in most cases) screws up, it could be so many different things.  If you get an error message write it down or better yet print it out if you have that capability.   Try to be very specific when talking to a tech support person; don’t add any additional information they don’t need.  If they are a good tech support person they will know what questions to ask. Next post I’ll have some funny help desk calls!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento