The general categories of the software electical contractors should have in their tool box are listed below with examples of some of the best-of-breed solutions. Each product includes a link to the provider's web site.
Job Bidding and Quoting
- JobFLEX Easy to use mobile app with modules for bidding jobs, presenting quotes to clients, scheduling resources for the job site and tracking the project.
- Vision InfoSoft Similar to Job Flex but with a limited number of modules
Technical Drawing and Schematic Creation
- SmartDraw CAD results without the CAD hassles. Creates electrical designs within minutes.
- Edraw Powerful but easy-to-use electrical drawing software to create professional looking wiring diagrams using pre-drawn templates and examples.
- FieldAware Top-Rated mobile filed services management software for scheduling and dispatching workers and assigning jobs.
- TrackSmart Includes functions for scheduling, traking attendance and time clock. Allows for creating recurring work schedules which can be used over and over again.
- Quickbooks The leader in small business accounting software. Powerful, yet easy to set up and use. Available as an online application for easy access.
- Zoho Easy to use online accounting software for small businesses to managed their finances and stay on top of their cash flow.